Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT) – today unveiled its new Secure Wireless LAN solution specifically designed for distributed enterprises. The secure WLAN solution integrates wireless and wired access, authentication, switching, system wide policy enforcement, and management all lone one easily managed system.
The new solution makes available two wireless and wired products, the FortiSwitch-28C and FortiSwitch-348B Ethernet switches and FortiAP-14C and FortiAP-28C wireless remote access points.
According to Fortinet, key features include:
– Integrated security: No other vendor provides as advanced and integrated threat protection coupled with fully featured wireless access. This gives administrators a streamlined, single-pane-of-glass to manage users and devices as well as unified policy enforcement across wired and wireless networks.
– Low Total Cost of Ownership: With Fortinet, there is no need to purchase separate WLAN controllers, and there are no per AP and cloud management licensing fees, which can quickly add up as wireless is deployed in multiple locations.
– Device Visibility: This allows organizations to define and enforce policies based on device types. Mobile device access (iPhone, Android, etc.) is configured by on-boarding the device via user and device authentication and applying a per device and user policy to ensure the right destinations are reached. This is the fundamental technology needed for BYOD initiatives in K-12 and offices.
– Authentication: The solution provides integrated authentication with single sign-on and policy enforcement across access points, security appliances and switched devices.
– Scalability: Fortinet supports centralized, mesh, and distributed controller-less access point deployments with a variety of indoor, outdoor and remote APs. These APs, when combined with FortiGate virtual or appliance-based wireless controllers, are ideal for education, healthcare, retail and distributed enterprise environments.
“No other vendor provides such a complete, highly secure end-to-end, wired and wireless solution for the distributed enterprise,” said John Maddison, vice president of marketing at Fortinet. “With the Fortinet Secure WLAN offering, customers get consolidation without compromise – they get a superior TCO solution that provides end-to-end wired and wireless network security, management, access and control.”
The new solution products are said to be available now from Fortinet’s authorized reseller around the world.