As the temperature starts to drop and we begin to bundle up, it’s important that you remember your car is the only way to get around this season. Fortunately, there are a few accessories you can buy for your car that will keep you warm and safe no matter what weather conditions arise. Here’s a list of some of our favorite car accessories:
- Heated Seats: The days are getting shorter and with it come freezing temperatures. It’s not always practical or possible to wear pants, skirts, or dresses while driving in colder weather which is why many people opt for heated seats. They provide warmth without sacrificing mobility. Some are heated in the seat cushion and others may be installed under the backrest. A heated seat can keep you warm for up to 3 hours of continuous use.
- Auto Defogger: The finest way to keep your windshield clear in inclement weather is to purchase an auto defogger. They’re very simple and easy to use–simply plug them in and turn them on! Not only do they prevent ice buildup on your windshield, they also reduce road visibility which could lead to a collision. Having an auto defogger will also lower your car’s fuel consumption significantly by keeping ice out of the engine. What’s more, you may be eligible for a tax deduction.
- Fog Lights: If your car can’t see the fog, it can’t avoid it! Fog lights make driving in fog easier because they create a wider beam and are more powerful than regular headlights. It’s also easier to see if another vehicle is coming due to the wider beam which improves visibility and safety on the road. Take note that you can only use fog lights while it’s raining or foggy because using them any other time is against traffic laws and could get you a ticket!
- Heated Seats : While heated seats tend to be more expensive than a defogger, the benefits outweigh the extra cost. If you have one of those vehicles with leather seats, you’ll never have to worry about your seat getting cold again!
- Rear View Mirrors: Perhaps your car’s biggest weakness is its blind spots. Rear view mirrors make it much easier to see behind your car so you’re not surprised by another vehicle coming up on you unexpectedly! This can ensure your safety and also increase visibility on the road which can help prevent a collision.
- Snow Bundle: Snow removal is expensive and women are often forced to pay it. It’s a problem that does not allow for gender equality. However, there are ways you can save money in the winter. One way is to buy a snow bundle and install it on your vehicle in order to remove snow from the windshield.
- Temperature Control: As previously stated, men usually don’t get cold in the winter. But women do have to worry about the cold weather because their body temperature is regulated by a process known as thermoregulation. Their bodies adjust their metabolic rate and heat production in order to maintain a constant temperature at 37°Celsius. However, many women face difficulties with thermoregulation which is why it’s important that you purchase a temperature control product for your car to keep them warm when they get too chilly.
It’s important that you buy the right accessories for your car so you don’t get stranded on the road this winter. They can also help you save money by keeping your car running better and they’re easy to install yourself!